I would recommend getting comfortable with adding attributes to single books before using the instructions below.
It can be a hassle to manually add attributes to every single book. Instead, you can use Book Report's bulk editing options to add attributes to sets of books all at once.
How to edit an attribute on several books at once:
- Go to the Books tab.
- Click on Search at the top.
- Use the search options to filter the list of books to just the ones you'd like to edit.
- Click the "Add a custom attribute to these X books" button.
- Fill in the name of the attribute on the left side, the value of the attribute on the right.
- Click the orange button to confirm.
That's all it takes! The attribute will be added to all books listed on the page. If any books in the list already had a value for that attribute, it will be overwritten.
One tip: If you're trying to set a certain attribute to every book in your library, you can add a search filter to only show books where that attribute isn't currently set.